1290 Pabineau Falls Road,
Pabineau First Nation, NB E2A 7M3
office: 506 548-9211 fax: 506 545-6968
Receptionist for The Pabineau First Nation Community Health Center
The goal of the Pabineau First Nation receptionist is an employee taking an Office/administrative support position to deliver quality services to the members, to maximize efficiency through the effective management. The work is usually performed in a closed off space within the waiting area of the Health Center. The receptionist’s duties are important and essential to the effective administration of the front office.
The employee will be accountable to Chief and Council and the employee will work under direction and guidance of the Health Director.
The Receptionist provides the following services to the Pabineau First Nation community and Community Health Center team, but not limited to, the following:
- Opening the office in the morning and closing at the end of day
- Serving as the Health Center’s first point of contact for the community and general public
- Maintaining a clean and friendly environment for the staff and patients
- Providing reception support, i.e., answering, screening, and directing all incoming calls, effectively greeting and communicating with clients, and maintaining all incoming and outgoing mail
- Scheduling client appointments over the phone, in person, and via email
- Explaining clinic procedures to patients
- Providing administrative support for members of the Health team and medical practitioners as required,
- Preparing presentations and materials using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ordering office supplies
- Seeking prior approval and processing claims for medical transportation
- Filing confidential medical documents and transcripts
- Transcribing reports
- Coordinating travel arrangements and process travel claims for members of the Health team
- Maintaining equipment and office supplies, including ordering required repairs of equipment, stationery etc.
- Helping keep office/meeting rooms/common areas tidy
- Maintaining patient records and filing of records
- Preparing a variety of proposals
- Coordinating special projects
- Performing a variety of additional duties as assigned by the Chief, Council, and Health Director
- Volunteering: Looking for a person who will “volunteer” to participate in after-hour activities to help our community grow.
- Effective Team working: The successful candidate will direct his or her efforts towards team success, accept and act upon team decisions, and achieve the required quality and quantity of work without prompting.
- The receptionist has the duty to control the in-coming and out-going traffic at the Health Center Advent of COVID19 – March 16th 2020 Pandemic
As the Chief and Council will require that the duties and responsibilities outlined above are met in a professional manner, the successful candidate will be required to serve a 3-month monitored probation period upon employment.
Qualifications: Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six (6) months related experience, ideally in the communications field or other fast-passed environment, and experience in working with public in a courteous and professional manner.
The candidate must:
- Have a mature and responsible attitude,
- Be extremely organized and pay attention to detail,
- Be highly motivated, self-managed individual,
- Employ good judgement in their work with staff and the general public,
- Have experience with using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,
- Have professional verbal and written communication skills,
- Have good interpersonal and administrative skills,
- Be willing to undertake training to enhance their skills,
- Be capable of handling multiple tasks in a dynamic environment,
- Be respectful of privacy and sensitivity of individuals, family, and community issues,
- Pay great attention to detail and be confident in dealing with a wide range of people,
- Be a team player
Note: This position is open to both First Nation and non-First Nation members.
Location: Pabineau First Nation Community Health Center
Wages: To be discussed during interviews
Number of Position: 1
Duration: To be determined
If you are interested in applying for this employment opportunity, please submit your resume, cover letter, and 2 references to the Pabineau First Nation Human Resource Director Constance Sewell (Connie) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: September 23, 2020
Note: No application will be accepted beyond the closing deadline.
Only those who pass through the screening process will be called for an interview. Interviews will be conducted on September 30, 2020, at the Pabineau Community Center.