1290 Pabineau Falls Road,
Pabineau First Nation, NB E2A 7M3
office: 506 548-9211 fax: 506 545-6968
Position Title: Janitorial/Maintenance
The Janitorial/Maintenance position at the Community Health Center. The Pabineau First Nation is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to deliver quality services to keeping the building in clean, orderly and Canadian Health Authority regulated COVID-19 protocols to maximize efficiency for community and public, to maintain a clean and safe workplace.
The employee will be accountable to the Health Director who in turn is accountable to Chief and Council.
The Janitorial/Maintenance provides the following services to the Pabineau First Nation Community Health Center, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for floor maintenance and cleanliness on a daily basis. This should include dust mopping, damp mopping, and vacuuming throughout the Administration building.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of all rest rooms, windows, storage areas, and all public areas.
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep request.
- Remove garbage and recycling daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up.
- Responsible for basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning and other janitorial duties.
- Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for the changing of defective lights in order to maintain a proper lighting level throughout the building.
- Order all janitorial supplies as needed and approved.
- Responsible to keep kitchen area(s) clean and maintained.
- Ensure daily accomplishment sheets are signed and submitted to the communication assistant to be logged.
- Follow and maintain Canadian Health Authority regulated COVID-19 protocols.
- Volunteering: The Chief and Council are looking for a person who will “volunteer” to participate in after-hour activities to help our community grow. You work at the Pabineau Community
- Effective Team Working: Directs own effort towards team’s success, accepts and acts on team decisions, while achieving the required quality and quantity of work without prompting.
As the Chief and Council will require that the duties and responsibilities outlined above are met in a professional manner, the successful candidate will be required to serve a 3-month monitored probation period upon employment.
Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six (6) months related experience, ideally in the janitorial/maintenance field or other fast-passed environment, and experience in working in a courteous and professional manner.
The candidate must:
- Have a mature and responsible attitude,
- Be extremely organized and pay attention to detail,
- Be highly motivated, self-managed individual,
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Handle basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning and other janitorial work.
- Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies.
- Employ good judgement in their work with staff and the general public,
- Be willing to undertake training to enhance their skills,
- Be respectful of privacy and sensitivity of individuals, family, and community issues,
- Be a team player.
Note: This position is open to both First Nation and non-First Nation members.
Location: Pabineau First Nation Community Health Center
Wages: to be discussed during interviews
Number of Position: 1
Duration: To be determined
If you are interested in applying for this employment opportunity, please submit your resume, cover letter, and 2 references to the Pabineau First Nation Human Resource Director Constance Sewell (Connie) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020
Note: No application will be accepted beyond the closing deadline.
Only those who pass through the screening process will be called for an interview. Interviews will be conducted on November 6, at the Pabineau Community Center.