Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative (ADI)
Laura Mae has been working with the Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative program since 2007.
Laura Mae’s academic and practical credentials include:
- Yellow Quill College Community Diabetes Prevention Worker Certification – 2009
- Death and Dying, University of New Brunswick, Psychology Dept.
- Creative Writing 18th Century Novels, University of New Brunswick, English Dept.
- Gender Relations, University of New Brunswick
- ASIST Training Certificate – 2010
- Protecting Personal Information Certificate from FNIHS/SISPNI (2012)
- Confidentiality Workshop and training – Health Canada
- First Aid CPR Canadian Red Cross Certification 2012
Workshops, training, and certifications:
- Communication skills
- CESCO workshops:
- Building Personal and Job Search Skills
- Community and Organizational Governance
- Tourism – Atlantic Plus workshop
- Video Conference Management – two day workshop on site PFN
- Community Suicide Prevention Program (2007)
- Pan Flu Table Top Exercises, partnered by St. Mary’s University – sessions onsite PFN
- Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative Education Conference Building Capacity for You (2009)
- Canadian Executive Service Organization; the aboriginal women for tomorrow workshop
- Transporting Dangerous Goods certificate – 2010
- Motivational Skills Building - Workshop (2013) – Certificate
Laura Mae regularly organizes and facilitates health promotion activities under the chronic disease and diabetes banner.
Laura Mae Sewell
1290 Pabineau Falls Road, Pabineau First Nation, NB E2A 7M3
office: 506 548-9211 fax: 506 545-6968